Written by Derek Wilkins
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Consider placing fruits, vegetables and herbs in the cavity to add aromatics and flavor! (We do not recommend filling your turkey with a bread stuffing.)
- Such as Oranges, Apples Cranberries, Onions, Garlic, Celery, Carrots, Rosemary, Thyme, Sage
- Drain juices and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place turkey breast side up on a flat rack in a shallow roasting pan that is 2″ to 2 1/2″ deep.
- Place a leave-in thermometer in the center of the breast (make sure not to go to the bone)
- Add water or chicken broth to the bottom of the pan, don’t fill to the top! More juice will collect from the turkey while it’s cooking.
- Place your turkey in the oven and roast for approximately 15 min per pound.
- When the turkey reaches about 110 degrees, loosely cover breast and ends of drumsticks with aluminum foil to prevent overcooking.
- Your turkey is done when the temperature of your thermometer reads 165 degrees.
- Transfer to platter and let rest for 15 minutes. Enjoy!
I would appreciate any directions you have to cook 1/2 a turkey breast – time and temperature. Thank you.
The method is really the same for a half or whole. Season as desired place in preheated oven set to 350 until internal temp reaches 165.
Comments are closed.