This Salmon Dinner for Two could not be easier to make, either for a weeknight dinner or for a special occasion for two. The best news? All you need is a sheet pan, and dinner is easily done in under 30 minutes with a minimum of cleanup!
2 generous servings
2 center-cut Faroe Island Salmon Filets
1 container compound butter
1 package of Cilantro Lime marinated asparagus
1 container Greek Pasta Salad, Jasmin Rice or side of your choice
What You Will Need
1 sheet pan, cookie sheet, or jelly roll pan
1 pair of scissors or a sharp knife
The Butcher’s Market House Seasoning, which goes beautifully with salmon
Tongs and/or a flexible spatula
Mise en Place
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Spray the sheet pan with pan spray.
- Season both sides of the salmon with The Butcher’s Market House Seasoning or Kosher Salt & Fresh Cracked Pepper.
- Use scissors or a sharp knife to cut open the bag of marinated asparagus.
How to Make Salmon Dinner for Two
- Place the salmon, skin side down, on one side of the sheet pan.
- Arrange the asparagus in a single layer on the other side of the pan.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven.
- Check the asparagus after 10 minutes. It should be bright green and crisp-tender. Use tongs or a spatula to remove to a plate.
- Continue cooking the salmon until the internal temperature of the fish is about 125F, another 8-12 minutes, depending on the thickness of your filets.
- Use a spatula to remove the salmon to a plate. The skin may stay behind, and that’s just fine.
- Cover the salmon with foil and let carryover cooking take the fish to about 130-133F. The salmon will be cooked all the way through and hot, with just a hint of red in the center. If you like your salmon done completely, cook to 130-135F, cover, and let coast to about 140-145F.
- Serve salmon with some compound butter on top* and asparagus with Greek Pasta Salad or other delicious side and Enjoy!
*Pro-Tip: Melt the majority of the compound butter and use it either pour over your salmon or dip your salmon into.