- 3 pound Boneless Lamb leg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 garlic cloves
- 3 stems fresh rosemary
- 1 cup shelled, toasted pistachios
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup fresh Italian parsley
- ¼ cup & 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pinch of red chili flakes
- Lay lamb on a cutting board. Trim off excess visible fat. Season lamb with salt and pepper; allow to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes prior to grilling.
- In a food processor, add pistachios, mint, parsley, oil, vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, pepper and chili flakes; then blend to a chunky consistency do not pureed.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Grill the lamb leg to medium-rare (remove from heat when thermometer reads between 130°F and 135°F), or to desired doneness.
- Rest the meat, lightly covered, for at least 10 minutes before serving. Slice meat across the grain into thin slices.
- Serve lamb with the pesto, grilled vegetables and a salad.